A Unique Murder Mystery Experience Is Coming to the Nintendo Switch!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Kyoto-based video game studio, CharacterBank inc., has announced that MYSPERYENCE Story 1: The Curious Case of the Headless Magnate will be available on the Nintendo Switch (henceforth, Switch) eShop starting on June 23rd!
Previously, MYSPERYENCE was made available through the Quest App Lab and the Steam Store as a VR experience. The Switch version of MYSPERYENCE will support online cross platform play with its VR counterpart, allowing for the first time for more players to dive in and uncover the mystery of who is responsible for the murder of the Magnate.
MYSPERYENCE is optimized for play on the Switch. Players will need to investigate their surroundings, find clues and relive the events that transpired before the unfortunate event.
MYSPERYENCE is a five-player online multiplayer experience. The word, MYSPERYENCE, is a portmanteau that combines the words MYSTERY and EXPERIENCE.
Players dive into the crime scene to “relive” one of the five suspects and gather crucial information, like what the suspects were doing at the crime scene and what conversations they were having.
If the players can uncover the murderer by working together, then they will solve the case.
Conversely, the player who takes the role of the murderer can win if they can deceive others and evade justice….
Please enjoy the world of MYSPERYENCE where truth and lies are mixed!
■MYSPERYENCE consists of three phases.
▼The Preparation Phase
This is where players are matched and the characters are decided upon. In addition, the rules and the controls are explained during this phase. Voice chat is possible between players, so please check your setup before joining the game.
This phase consists of reliving the suspects’ actions before the murder occured. Players will need to collect valuable evidence and observe the characters’ conversations, and actions before the Magnate was murdered.
In this phase, players will need to discuss their findings with their peers to uncover the true events that transpired that fateful night. Players who chose the murder will need to deceive the others to evade justice.
Players can discuss for up to 15 minutes, and if a conclusion is not reached then they can choose to relive the experiences once again (up to 3 times including the first Dive Phase).
Finally, voting is held on who everyone thinks the culprit is. Will they be brought to justice…?
Title： MYSPERYENCE Story 1: The Curious Case of the Headless Magnate
Developer / Publisher: CharacterBank inc.
Release Date: June 23rd, 2022
Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Price: $14.99 / 14.99€ / £13.49
Genre: Murder Mystery
Number of Players: 5 players online (Cross-Platform Play Supported)
Platform: Nintendo Switch™
For all ages.
- Please note that a microphone will be needed to play through MYSPERYENCE. Depending on where players are located, they may need their guardian’s permission to engage in voice chat. Players who have parental controls that restrict them from communicating with other players will not be able to play MYSPERYENCE.
- Please note that MYSPERYENCE is an interactive story experience. After the player finishes MYSPERYENCE once, they will know important information about the case.
- After MYSPERYENCE is cleared for the first time, a new game mode will open in which players will be matched with other players who have already experienced the story. For the players who have already cleared the game, they will not be able to play with new players.
- Please refrain from distributing your play on social networking sites and video sites, as spoilers and other information will seriously impact the enjoyment of MYSPERYENCE for others.
- The Switch version of MYSPERYENCE does not support VR functionality.
For more information about the game, please check out the official Twitter account. @MYSPERYENCE ( https://twitter.com/mysperyence )
About CharacterBank inc.:
CharacterBank inc. strives to create innovative and memorable XR experiences. Located in the heart of Kyoto, CharacterBank Inc. blends traditional craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology to continually surprise and delight players all around the world. CharacterBank inc. was founded in 2019 by Shuto Mikami. To learn more about CharacterBank inc., please visit our website.
© Copyright 2022 All Rights Reserved CharacterBank inc.