Effective: June 30th, 2022
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Service. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal information” in this policy refers to personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, Japan) and includes information about living individuals that can be used to identify specific individuals by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions contained in the act.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
We use the functionality of the relevant Storefront (Nintendo eShop, Meta Store, etc) and other applications (Steam, Oculus, Unity, etc) to obtain usage reports obtained from users playing our service.
We will ask for permission to record audio when using our service. This is to use the microphone function for the voice chat feature in conjunction with our service. We do not store audio conversations between users on servers or other devices.
When using our service, the user understands that communications made within the service should not be considered private. This is because voice chat and other communications may be viewed and/or heard by other users, users should avoid revealing any personally identifiable information in those communications.
Article 3 (Purposes of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows
- To provide and operate our services and games;
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identification);
- To send e-mail notifications of new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service the user is using, as well as information on other services provided by the Company;
- To contact the user as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc;
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of the use is related to the purpose of use before the change.
- In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the User of the changed purpose or publicly announce it on this website in a manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- When the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee.
- The purpose of use includes a provision to a third party
- Data items to be provided to the third party
- Means or method of provision to third parties
- Cessation of provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual
- Method of accepting the request of the person in question
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of such information shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons
- In cases where personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and where this fact, the items of personal information are jointly used, the scope of joint use, the purpose of use by the person using the information, and the name of the person responsible for managing the personal information is notified to the user in advance or made readily available to the user in question.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When we receive a request for disclosure of personal information from the person concerned, we will disclose such information to the person as soon as possible. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information if disclosure would fall under any of the cases outlined below. In the case we decide not to disclose the information, we will notify you to that effect as soon as possible. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
Cases in which we may decide to not disclose information:
- When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party
- If there is a risk of a significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
- If it violates any other laws or regulations.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, as a general rule, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the user’s personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the user may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) the personal information in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company.
- If we deem it necessary to respond to the request from the user as described in the preceding paragraph, we will make the correction, etc. to the relevant personal information without delay.
- In the event that the Company makes corrections, etc. based on the preceding paragraph or decides not to make such corrections, etc., the Company will notify the user of such decision without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information)
- When we receive a request from a customer to stop using or delete (hereinafter referred to as “stop using, etc.”) his/her personal information on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. When a request is made to suspend the use of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) on the grounds that the information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that the information was obtained by wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- When the Company suspends the use of personal information in accordance with the preceding paragraph or decides not to suspend the use of personal information, the Company will notify the user of this decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where the suspension of use involves a large amount of cost or where it is otherwise difficult to suspend the use of personal information and alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the user, these alternative measures shall be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the user, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this policy.
- We encourage users to review this policy frequently to be informed of how we are protecting and using their information.
Article 10 (Information for Users from California)
The California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) grants California residents certain privacy rights regarding the personal data our company collects. We are committed to respecting these rights and complying with the CCPA.
For security purposes, we will verify your identity, by requesting information from you, when you request any information from us. When making a request for information, you also retain the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
As a California resident, you may submit, free of charge, but no more than twice in a 12-month period, a verifiable request for the specific information we have on you, the categories of the sources for your personal information, the purposes for which information was collected or sold, and/or, the categories of third parties to whom your information was sold, disclosed for a business purpose or otherwise shared.
Right to Know. Under the CCPA you have the right to request that we disclose to you what Personal Data we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell.
Right to Request Deletion. You also have the right to request deletion of Personal Data that is in our possession, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that your request to delete data may impact your use of our service. In some cases and we may decline to delete information for reasons set forth in this policy or as permitted by the CCPA.
Other Rights. The CCPA also gives California residents a right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Data. As described in article 5, we do not sell Personal Data and have not done so in the past 12 months. You also have a right to receive notice of our practices at or before the collection of your Personal Data. Finally, you have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
18-5 Ichijōji Nishitojikawarachō
Sakyo Ward, Kyoto 606-8123